Tuesday, May 4, 2021

A Message from the Publisher

 

First, thank you to the people who supported my return to making comic books. You are my first fans.  Second, this is more than a thank you. Let me share my dreams and ideas for Hip Hop Comix N Flix.  Last year, I planned to make a prequel comic book to the movies I scheduled for release. The quarantine caused me to switch gears and focus more on comic books. I started my writing career in 2004 with screenwriting and creating low budget, horror movies. Audiences were hungry for horror films.  With my novels, I focused on science fiction stories. Now, with my comic books, I am writing them as tie-in stories to my movies. My comics were horror stories. Planet Alkebulan was the first comic book story I wrote that wasn’t a horror and it was my second Kickstarter project.  Planet Alkebulan is a Sword and Soul story, think of it as Conan the Barbarian in Space.  Twa Man Black to Business introduces my first superhero.  With my comics I am able to infuse African History and futurism. 

I am actively working on many comic book stories. For instance, Planet Alkebulan is going to be a three book series. The illustrator, Jorge, is already working on the second issue. It will conclude with the introduction of my first super villain, YaCub. YaCub will bring together all of my other characters into my own multiverse, The HollaVerse. My next Kickstarter project will come in June and feature FangerNails and the Twa Man. 

There is a one-page comic strip featuring Super BlackSuper Black generated a great deal of interest.  Super Black came to me as a quick political piece, and it connected with many people. I am developing it into a comic strip.  Every issue of Twa Man will include a few pages of Super Black’s story.

In addition to those stories, I am developing a comic for my post-apocalyptic series The Harlem Shake. The preliminary title is The Harlemite. The Harlemite is the story of a young boy who survived the Harlem Shake.

Lastly, I will continue to write the horror comics that are in development.  I plan to transition some of those characters in my horror movies to the comics. 

This summer my fourth movie, The Black Nun, is scheduled for release. The comic book for will arrive this winter. My short horror comic, HollaWeen, will be finished as well. I’ve been working on it for over 10 years.

Another character from a movie will make its way into a comic book story. Baba, the African king, from The Death Pledge

As you can see, I have a full slate of projects to bring you.  I can’t wait to get these projects out there to you. I love seeing my characters and stories illustrated.  I couldn’t do it without my fans and my supporters.  I always put 200% of creativity into each of my works. You have my word.



 

No comments: